Monday, January 18, 2010

Change what you don't like

Lately I have been thinking alot about my family relationship. I see other families going to church every Sunday, having family game night, and all sorts of things. My bestfriend, Chauncie, has a great relationship with her mom and I know that I can go to her mom or my nana for anything but it's just not the same. Or you see the bond that siblings have with one another, I have 3 siblings but 2 I have never seen and the other one I moved out before he was even two years old. So I don't really have a relationship with him, and he is a little young. I try not to be but a big part of me gets jelous when I see all of these things. I've decided that when I have my own family we ARE going to go to church every Sunday, we will have family night at least once a month, and I will always encourage, support,and build my children up.



There has been a cycle in my family, my dads dad never had a good relationship with his children or my nana. He would bet all of them and say hurtful things to them. As you all know my stepmom was that description, and well my dad, I'm not sure how to explain him but lets just say he has some of his dad in him. And when I say that I don't mean the good part of him. Somebody once told me that I need to be the person to stop that cycle. I tend to say stuff jokingly to friends putting them down. Not being mean, just kidding around but I know that after awhile people saying stuff like that to me gets to me, and gets on my nerves. So from now on I am going to stop:) My worst fear is to grow up like my dad, and stepmother, and say stuff like that to my children.

My goal in life is to live a Christian life and let Jesus shine through me. I will take a stand for what I believe in. Besides, if you aren't willing to stand up for what you believe in what's the point of believing? I will not judge, because I know how it feels to be judged. If I had to pick one person on this earth out of everybody that I would want to be like it would be Deidra Hughes. She is somebody that fits the description of what I want to live my life like. I'm sure that's not suprising. Not only is she a Christian but the way she encourages people is amazing to me. She will tell you straight up how it is, but in her own way its not rude, or mean, it's loving. She doesn't judge, she is honest, and beautiful. She balances her family, her career, and her realtionship with God, and still has time to help me in between all that. There are alot of artist's, even Christian, that would just say, "I don't have time to reply to that email, or I don't have time to talk to this girl." Alot of people would just give you a little advice and brush you to the side. She is someone that will do her best to help. She actually takes time to listen to what you have to say, and try to understand what you are feeling. Now that is what I want to be like when I grow up! I don't know one person that wouldn't look up to someone like that.

I guess this was a little bit of venting? In a positive way. Ha. Try to be positive and change someone's life this week. Doesn't have to be anything big. Giving somebody you don't know a compliment, invite them to your church, or any event, or even speaking to them can make a difference. There are so many people that have horrible home lives then have to come to school or work just to be made fun of(yes adults are made fun of), or to have no friends, and nobody to talk to. I can't imagine that. So make a difference!:)

Pray for the people of Haiti and their families. One of my friends that was 18 died the 1st so please keep her and all of the people greiving in you prayers. Also there is another one of my friends that got hit by a car the 1st that is in ICU. Today is her birthday, and she might make it out but she will never be the same again the doctors say. So pray for a miracle.

A few of my favorite bible verse's:)

"Although a mighty army surrounds me, my heart shall not be afraid. Even when I am attacked I will remain confident" Psalm 27:3

"He makes EVERYTHING beautiful in his own time."-Eccl 3:11

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

"Judge not, that you will be judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you." Matthew 7:1-2

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, Your heavenly Father will also forgive you." Matthew 6:14


No comments:

Post a Comment